Alternative to Setup Remote Wake On Lan (WOL) - DDWRT


I posted another guide to setup remote WOL with iOS apps. In my situation I needed to wake up two separate computers and my other method only allows one to work with ios app. In this setup you can keep the ease of access for one computer with ios app and also use this guide to wol unlimited computers with access to internet browser (iphone/computer etc). 

IMPORTANT:CHANGE ROUTER LOGIN INFORMATION TO CUSTOM LOGIN AND PASSWORD TO PREVENT HACKING INTO HOME NETWORK/ROUTER

Refer to my other guide for initial computer setup to enable WOL.

Login to DDWRT router

Go to Status -> WAN



Next, go to Administration -> Management

Next, go to Administration -> WOL


Last step is to input ipaddress and port number into internet browser.

Done, now you should be able to click homescreen icon, login to router, and hit Wake up computer within DDWRT interface