If you use ceton tuner they have an excellent app for iOS to manage recordings and search shows. This guide will show you how to set up software for windows and iOS.
This app does not let you watch live streaming. However, I much prefer searching and managing recordings with this over remotepotato so I use ceton media center to schedule recordings and remotepotato to stream the shows.
UPDATE: Not sure why but this app still works when I went back to HDhomerun Prime. I am not sure if you must first setup Ceton then switch to HDhomerun or if this will work with HDhomerun out of the box.
1. Download software here
2. Run through installer
3. Open My Media Center (Ceton Companion)
4. Under Library tab you can add your movie library
5. Television tab says coming soon
6. Under advanced tab you can select if you want metadata for xbmc and WMC and also options to rename titles.
7. Under artwork subtab you can donwload artwork
8. Under DVD you can create metadata for DVD's inserted
9. Under network you can enter credentials for remote libraries as well as network discovery. This is where you need to port forward the ports you select on your router. It also lists your internal and external ip to input into iOS app.
10. Under other there is option to enter your threads per processor as well as cache for TV
11. The diagnostic tab in about section is helpful to make sure everything is working on server end before going to iOS app.
12. Now onto iOS app. First download the app
13. You will be prompted to scan library. It should pull up automatically unless you have firewall.
14. Click on blue arrow next to your computer. Name your PC. Input internal IP with port (I would recommend setting up fixed IP in router settings. Also include your external IP if you want to remotely connect. Scroll down and input your MAC address for computer. You can test wake on lan here (if you have it set up properly to do so). Later there is option to auto wake computer when starting app at home (won't work remotely).
15. Now click on settings in top right corner. You are able to choose from many options. I recommend selecting default channel. I chose to start in the HD section so I didnt have to scroll each time I started. I also selected HD only as those are the only channels I watch.
Scroll down for more settings. Notice under Misc Settings is where I selected WoL When Connecting to auto wake up computer when starting app. (I really wish Plex would integrate this feature).
Some examples of Upcoming Recordings and Recent Recorded
Premieres - Very handy for finding new tv shows
Settings when selecting series under Series Management
Movies on Tonight - Really nice if you have HBO
New + Upcoming
Remote - Works but definitely wouldnt use this as physical remote works much better